Contact us today for a FREE, no obligation consultation.
Article Of The Month
SUMMERTIME, VACATION AND VISITATION Take care of luggage, not baggage …
Most of us look forward to summertime and vacations with our children. So, why is it that divorce can turn the golden months into tarnished experiences?
Read the entire article here.
Divorce Ain't an event– It's a multi-layered Process Like icebergs, most of the divorce process is not so easily recognized. The repercussions of divorce include physical separation, financial separation, and parent planning.
Making Mediation Work
- Cooperative Divorce - Introduction An introduction to the mediation process at the Center for Cooperative Divorce.
- Cooperative Divorce - Explaining What a Cooperative Divorce is Money spent on getting mad or getting even is money wasted.
- The Therapist-Mediator We may define therapy as a search for value.
- Separate Attorneys Have a Role in Mediated Divorce A fool despises good counsel, but a wise man takes it to heart.
- Team Mediation in Divorce Individually we are one drop. Together we are an ocean.
- Divorce Without Court Law: the only game where the best players get to sit on the bench.
- The Four Phase Theory Of Divorce Phase One - Deliberation; Phase Two & Three - Transition - Litigation; Phase Four - Post Divorce
- Changing Faces Of Divorce One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
- Divorce and high conflict parents As long as you have certain desires about how it ought to be you can't see how it is.
- Divorce, Dreams and Nightmares New opportunities will arise. New dreams will be born. But will the parties have learned anything from the past?
- Divorce Mediation - Consensus or Compromise What we call reality is an agreement that people have arrived at to make life more livable.
- Fair Play and the Divorce Game I know the world isn’t fair, but why isn’t it ever unfair in my favor?
- Can Divorce Produce Winners? The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn’t being said.
- Inviting Your Spouse To Mediation Enhance the potential environment for mediation.
- Divorce: The Final Solution Creating a positive attitude in negotiations.
- Halloween And The Art Of Divorce Tips on negotiation techniques.
- What are little mediators made of? Choosing the right mediation team.
- Independence? Or Just a bunch of Firecrackers? When it's time for the experts.
- Marital Settlement Agreement How settlements ease the divorce process.
- The ABC's of Divorce Communication Simple tools to improve communication between spouses and ex-spouses.
- Cooperation - The Key To Successful Mediation Overcoming the “natural enemies” of a lasting agreement.
- Were Getting Divorced - Should We Separate? How the date of separation can impact the final divorce judgment.
- Prepare! Prepare! Prepare! Helping a couple prepare for mediation.
- Mediators Relating in Divorce Mediation Who are the Center for Cooperative Divorce’s mediators?
- Fistful of Divorce Dollars Reducing the cost of divorce by choosing mediation.
- "I DECLARE"- A MUST IN DIVORCE Honesty doesn't always pay, but dishonesty always costs.
- Divorce: Get It Right The First Time Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.
- The Good Bad & Ugly In Divorce You make a choice in your life, and it affects your life in all ways, good and bad.
- Divorce: The Dawn Of A New Day Every day is a new day, and you'll never be able to find happiness if you don't move on.
- Mandated Vs. Private Divorce Mediation: Is There A Difference? Private mediation offers couples a more flexible time frame, allowing ample time to be spent on issues that may be more complicated than others.
- Divorce - Do you Need A Lawyer? You have to stand up for yourself when no one else will.
The Children Of Divorce
- Post Divorce Transitions For Children Children adjust better to the divorce if parents adjust well to it– Purdue Provider Parent Partnerships Website
- Post Divorce Blending Families - A Case Study In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future.
- In Divorce, Choice Matters You can't change history, but you can create your future.
- The Voices Of Children In A Divorce Children are great imitators. So give them something great to imitate.
- What really goes into a Child Custody Evaluation? The role of the expert / evaluator in a custody evaluation is to assist the Judge
- Responsible Child Custody: Paths To Succes - Part 1 Shall I be a gateway or a gatekeeper?
- Responsible Child Custody: Paths To Succes - Part 2 In automobile terms, the child supplies the power but the parents have to do the steering.
- Who's best interest is it anyway? ...in serving the best interests of children, we serve the best interests of all humanity.
- Telling Children You’re Getting Divorced What are the guidelines for letting your youngest know about the divorce?
- Parallel Parenting Parenting at the same time is not the same as parenting together.
- The Parenting Plan and the Young Child What young children of divorce need – and what they don’t.
- Don't Divorce The Children Does divorce traumatize children? The answer depends on two factors.
- Best Interest Of The Children Is there a standard that defines best interest of the child?
- How Do you Develop a Parenting Plan? Tools for creating a child custody agreement.
- The Parenting Plan and the Teenager Addressing needs for adult children in divorce.
- Parenting Plans and Adult Children in Divorce The young adult’s transition to independent living.
- Summer Time - Vacation and Visitation Tools for planning vacation time with children and each parent.
- Divorce and Holidays - Don't Fowl Out Respecting old traditions and writing new ones for family holidays.
The Financial Divorce
- Divorce Mediation Depends on Good Communication Tools Communication is a skill that you can learn. It's like riding a bicycle or typing. If you're willing to work at it, you can rapidly improve the quality of every part of your life.
- Divorce and Retirement Planning The question isn't at what age I want to retire, it's at what income.
- The Inside Story On Child Support - Part 1 Child Support: Why is it necessary? What is it for?
- The Inside Story On Child Support - Part 2 Child Support: Why is it necessary? What is it for?
- Child Support Guidelines Child Support: Why is it necessary? What is it for?
- Beyond Child Support: College Funding For Children In a Divorce Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another.
- The Marriage Contract Marriage creates legal rights and obligations.
- Taming The Green Monster In Divorce Can One Household Budget Support Two Households?
- Taximony! How the Government Shares in Your Divorce (Tax tips for divorcing couples)
- Sailing Separate Property through the Community Sea What is separate property and how is it managed?
- The Mysterious World Of Spousal Support Alimony – How much? How long? To who?
- California Community Property A brief overview of the California law regarding property rights in a divorce.
- War and Piece - Settling Finances in Divorce A considered approach to making practical financial decisions in a divorce.
- Reentering The Workforce After Divorce Divorce brings many changes. One of the most difficult is for a spouse that sacrificed career and work to manage the home and family.
The Emotional Divorce
- Divorce, Holidays And The City Of Santa Clarita New rituals with your family as you adjust to the divorce
- Divorce & Holidays - Don't Fowl Out Respecting old traditions and writing new ones for family holidays.
- When a Divorce is Final There is no real ending. I'ts just the place where you stop the story.
- Post Divorce Dating My parents aren’t really getting a divorce. They just aren’t going to be married any more
- Living with your Ex Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
- Marriage and Divorce Rumors - Are They True? A plausible rumor seems a lot more believable than the truth itself.
- Divorce: The Prequel (Legal Separation) The marriage didn't work out but the separation is great.
- Should I Be Careful Of What I Say? If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees..
- Divorce and The Fork In The Road The day you decide to divorce. It's in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.
- Divorce and the Color RED When anger rises, think of the consequences.
- To Divorce or Not To Divorce How do I know if I’m ready for a divorce?
- Divorce Advice: Tell Me What To Do Should I listen to others and how should I use their information?
- In Divorce, it's Better To Pace Than Race Do not be in a hurry to tie what you cannot untie.
- Movin' On When you keep moving forward you don’t get stuck.
- Restructuring the Post-divorce Relationship Getting past the emotional barriers
- Dissolution – Resolution A positive mindset leads to positive results.
- Man, Woman, Divorce, Recovery The differing impact of divorce on men and women.
- Attitude - Good Or Bad - Does It Matter In Divorce? A brief look at how emotions and attitudes can impact divorce and its aftermath.
- Navigating the Murky Waters of Divorce Helping to manage feelings during divorce negotiations.
- Post Divorce - Getting Unstuck Thoughts on resolving the emotional divorce after the physical divorce is final.
- Think twice, Act Once and don't second guess Apply yourself. Get all the education you can, but then, by God, do something. Don't just stand there, make it happen.
- A Divorce Mediator's Musings On Love A current view of marriage by psychologists indicates that the best predictor of distress and divorce was found to be loss of initial levels of love and affection. In other words, the focus should be on preserving positive feelings, not on conflict resolution.